Saturday, March 10, 2012

Portrait de criminels


Last week I created a Fancy account and I'm already quite addicted to their website and app. You can follow me here: http://www.thefancy.com/Sobinique. I stumbled upon these vintage photos from the Sydney Police museum. I remember seeing before a few years ago but I forgot about them until I saw one passing by on the Fancy website.
The photographs were mainly taken in the cells at Darlinghurst Police Station and the people on them range from drugdealers to prostitutes.
The clothes are just amazing and are mostly three-piece suits and fedora hats for the men and flapper-style dresses and furs for the women. So beautiful and inspiring, I don't know why I forgot about them but can't imagine it would happen again! The book 'City of Shadows: Sydney Police Photographs 1912-1948' is definitely on my wishlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails